Download Manager S3

• hallöchen,
    ich benutz das Addon seit Anfang an, in der letzten Version hat der Entwickler Werbung eingebaut, allerdings optional, standardmäßig ist die Werbung in den Einstellungen deaktiviert, Mozilla hat daraufhin das Addon von AMO entfernt.
    http://techdows.com/2015/10/mozill…g-concerns.html
    Grundsatzfrage: ist es verwerflich wenn ein Autor Werbung einbaut um seine Arbeit zu unterstützen?
    ein dankeschön ist zwar ganz nett aber dafür kann man sich nix kaufen, und wer klickt schon auf AMO auf den Button "einen Beitrag leisten" um ein paar Euro zu überweisen, ich denke die allerwenigsten, getreu dem Motto: Geiz ist geil.
    mit Spyware hat das ja nichts zu tun weil man drauf aufmerksam gemacht wird und man sie jederzeit abschalten kann.
    der Autor ist meiner Meinung nach über jeden Zweifel erhaben, das ist derselbe der auch S3 google Translator und Menu Wizard entwickelt hat, das sind alles tolle und beliebte Erweiterungen.

• Hallo,
    wenn das mit der Werbung gegen Mozillas Regeln verstößt dann ist das in Ordnung wenn sie das Addon raus nehmen.
    Ich habe z.B. 27 Addons. Wenn die nun alle mit Werbung anfangen mag ich nicht mehr ins Internet.

BTW: Ich verwende das Addon selbst und habe freiwillig dafür bezahlt. Und so wie sich der Autor auf seiner Seite bedankt bin ich sicher nicht der Einzige.

MfG
    Geldhügel

• Ich habe soeben die Version 3.17 installiert. Die Werbung ist in der Grundeinstellung deaktiviert. In den Einstellungen kann man dies ändern, wenn man möchte... da hat Mozilla wohl zu früh geschossen... :)

• Zitat von Boersenfeger

In Firefox Beta9 erscheint der Reiter Werbung in den Einstellungen nicht... :)

sorry, my Google Translator does not understand you :(
    please more details... :)

• Please re-translate this string:
    <!ENTITY adv_desc_2.label "Meine Erweiterung wird durch optionale Werbeanzeigen unterstützt, die auf einigen von Ihnen besuchten Websites hinzugefügt werden. Die zusätzlichen Einnahmen, die durch die optionale Werbung generiert werden, kommen der weiteren Entwicklung dieses Projekts und anderer Projekte zugute.">

<!ENTITY adv_desc_2.label "My add-on can be supported by optional ads that are added to the web sites you visit. The additional income generated by this optional advertising, will benefit to the further development of this and other projects.">

• Zitat von Boersenfeger

Tab advertisement does not appear in the settings.

I think somewhere the bug...
    I'm sorry, you can show a screenshot?

Zitat von Boersenfeger

The Translation is well.. :)

no, no, no - DE-string - it is old version.
    please new string :)

<!ENTITY adv_desc_2.label "My add-on can be supported by optional ads that are added to the web sites you visit. The additional income generated by this optional advertising, will benefit to the further development of this and other projects.">

• Ah, ok.. take this... :)
    <!ENTITY adv_desc_2.label "Meine Erweiterung kann durch optionale Werbeanzeigen unterstützt werden. Diese würden dann auf einige von Ihnen besuchten Websites hinzugefügt werden. Die zusätzlichen Einnahmen, die durch die optionale Werbung generiert werden, kommen der weiteren Entwicklung dieses Projekts und anderer Projekte zugute.">

Its a bit crazy... At first I Update Download Manager S3 in Firefox 41.0.2. Than I go to Settings and saw a Tab Advertisement called (Werbung) in German. After this I installed this Version in Beta, Developer and Nightly, and there are no Tab Advertisement.
    You ask me an Screen. I made it from Nightly. Close Nightly open 41.0.2 open Settings in Download Manager S 3 and...... there is NO Tab Advertisement right now. Im a bit surprised... :-??
    Here is the Shot from Firefox 44.0a1Nightly... the same is in Firefox 41.0.2, Beta and Developer
    [attachment=0]Screen from Nightly.jpg[/attachment]
    Sorry for my ugly English... :oops:

• This is not, what I see.. have an Idea....
    view Minutes later...
    The Extension Classic Theme Restorer (CTR) breaks the View on Settings in Download Manager S3...
    I hv disabled it - Restart Firefox- Enabled Restart and I now see the settings as on your screen.. Problem solved... :)
    I will report this issue to the Developer from CTR. He is in this Board also... :P
    Edit: Here it is... (in German)
    https://www.camp-firefox.de/forum/viewtopi…=985548#p985548

• I've tested CTR and Download Manager S3 on Fx 41/42 (German & English) and Firefox 44 (English) and could not reproduce this issue. I don't see why CTR would even affect other add-ons preference windows.

Is there anything CTR related inside "browser console" when this problem occurs?

----

Ich konnte das Problem mit dem Download Manager S3 nicht reproduzieren und wüsste auch nicht warum CTR ein Einstellungsfenster einer anderen Erweiterung verändern sollte.

Getestet mit der englischen und deutschen Version von Fx 41/42 sowie der englischen Fx 44 Nightly.

Gibt die Browser Konsole etwas bzgl. CTR aus, wenn das Problem auftritt?

• I was in touch with advertising network, and have received the following answer:
    “Sending the content of the site was needed in order to make the in-text advertisement work. At no point of time we were planning to spy on someone or steal info.
    The html code itself was sent to our cloud servers in order to decrease load on a user’s end. Once content was received, our algorithm analyzed and picked up certain phrases and inserted in text lines on original websites.
    After analysis all info was deleted from our cloud and never used later on.

Nevertheless, in order to follow the needs of Oleksandr Popov and the requirements of FireFox AMO, and also in order to avoid this problem for other partners, the following feature was turned off for now.
    In the nearest future the tool would be changed so, that most operations would be done on client side.”

From my side I would like to add, that I was a bit confused with such a behavior of users using my app for such a long time, and I do understand that the fear and suspiciousness of several users,
    has led to the fact that 100k+ users were not able to use add-on they like and need. On other hand I do understand that nowadays people are really afraid that personal information might be stolen.
    Having these thoughts I have contacted advertizing company and the following feature was turned off so that the whole html won’t be sent anywhere any longer.

Fortunately all misunderstandings were solved, my add-on is active again and ready to be installed and used by users.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/

• Boersenfeger, please translate new string:

Code
    <!ENTITY adv_desc_3.label "Advertising will only apply to HTTP. Advertising is always disabled for HTTPS (banking pages, Facebook, Gmail, etc.). Advertising is always disabled when you're using Private Browsing mode.">
  • Here it is:

Code
    <!ENTITY adv_desc_3.label "Werbung wird nur auf HTTP-Seiten angezeigt. Werbung ist immer auf HTTPS-Seiten (z.B. Bankseiten, Facebook, Google Mail, etc.) deaktiviert. Außerdem ist die Werbung immer deaktiviert, wenn Sie den Privaten Modus nutzen.">

Cheers

• Seems, there is a Mistake... one String is missing..
    Here ist the whole Text, with little Changes...
    In the Version that you have uploaded, missing the part that dealt with HTTP und HTTPS
    Feel free to take this... :)

Im gonna work now... Can view this Thread, but cant change or help than...
    Cheers